You Are Viewing The Forums As A Guest

Welcome to Cooking The Books.
Please have a look around and enjoy the various threads available to you as a guest here.
For full access to the boards you will need to register to join.
Details are in the Welcome board and you can access the registration page via the button below.

If you are having problems with registration then contact forum@tudorcook.co.uk

The June Cooking Weekend Event

Comments and chat about the cookery events at Hampton Court Palace or any other history cooking, methods, techniques, events, kitchens or things not strictly recipe related.

Re: The June Cooking Weekend Event

Postby Grymm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Pod beans boil them just tender then, if you can be fagged,pop them out of their skins and fry with onions in butter 'til they start to colour, bit of salt(Usually enough in the butter) and pepper, job's a good'un. I put a little cassia in mine too.

Or tart of beans, pod, boil, shell, beat in a mortar to a goo along with egg yolks, cream, sugar(Or honey) and cinnamon/cassia. Put goo in part baked pastry case and bake off the goo and pastry......Bright green, sweet and fresh tasting. You'll have to play with the proportions but don't skimp on the beans and it's worth taking the time to take themout of their leathery jackets, inproves the colour, taste and 'seems' to cut down on the windypops =o)
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis.

For this message the author Grymm has received thanks:
Captain Reech
Grymm
Choo Choo
Choo Choo

Have thanks: 29 times

Postby Captain Reech » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:37 am

Ooooh, sounds nice, especially the fried beans. My crew aren't big on desserts but I might have a go at the tart as there are quite a lot to use up.
Captain Reech

Have thanks: 8 times

Postby TerryL » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:50 pm

At long last, back from Wales and I've posted the few pictures I took on day 2 of the June weekend

https://picasaweb.google.com/terry.love ... kendEvent#

Nothing exciting...
Terry says... All comments in my messages are entirely my own opinion, and no other idiots.
TerryL
Rambler
Rambler

Have thanks: 50 times

Previous

Return to History Cooking & Kitchens