You Are Viewing The Forums As A Guest

Welcome to Cooking The Books.
Please have a look around and enjoy the various threads available to you as a guest here.
For full access to the boards you will need to register to join.
Details are in the Welcome board and you can access the registration page via the button below.

If you are having problems with registration then contact forum@tudorcook.co.uk

Search found 6 matches

Return

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Captain Reech
Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rabbits

You used to be able to get bags of frozen rabbit in Bejams but I haven't seen a Bejams store for a few years and they don't seem to do it in Farm Foods or Iceland in my neck of the woods so I have to obtain rabbits from game butchers. Hare (more appropriate for very early medieval cooking) is more p...
by Captain Reech
Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asparagus

Elenna's done some proper book digging (as opposed to my random surfing) and confirmed that wild Asparagus is native to the South West of England, know since pre 1000 AD although more commonly used as a medicinal herb or as animal fodder than as a food. The interest in cultivating the plant seems (a...
by Captain Reech
Thu May 19, 2011 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Captain Reech
Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep fat frying

Just a note on availability of Olive Oil in England; My partner has been immersing herself in shipping manifests from the mid to late 15th C and there appears to be a regular three way trade at the time with ships travelling from the low countries to England, then off to Spain and then back to Holla...
by Captain Reech
Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Captain Reech
Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic